What to bring to Disney World Parks! You have the essentials packed but what else do you need to bring? Don’t leave home without these five items.
Of course, you don't want to leave your MagicBands and wallets behind. But beyond the obvious items, here are my top 5 must-have items for a Disney vacation.
My husband Zack and I have been to Walt Disney World three times in the past two years and I'm itching for another trip out soon. I haven't visiting Disneyland since I was a baby, but the same list applies to any theme park.
Disney Packing List
- Fanny Pack: I wrote a whole blog post about Why You Should Rock A Fanny Pack at Disney and Universal Parks. In summary, they're more compact, lighter, and comfortable than a big backpack. I love this one from Amazon! It's water resistant, holds a ton of stuff while being relatively small, and comes in a ton of colors.
- Snacks: No packing list, especially a Disney Packing List is complete without snacks! Whether they're homemade or store-bought, you'll want to bring a few of your favorites. We love stocking up on these energy bars but if you want to make your own, my Dark Chocolate Coffee Nut Bars are the perfect filling and energizing treat. Bonus: They're vegan and gluten-free!
- Water Bottle: True story, the first time we went to Orlando to visit both Universal and Disney I used the same water bottle I bought at the airport and just kept refilling it throughout the week. While that wasn't horrible, it was definitely more convenient having my reusable water bottle from home that I use everyday. If you prefer filtered water, this bottle is for you!
- Hooded Ponchos: If you're visiting Walt Disney World in Florida, you're going to want a poncho. These are great for those spontaneous showers however, they won't fit in a fanny – you'll have to stash it in your stroller or backpack if you choose to carry one.
- Portable Phone Charger: With all the picture taking and checking on wait times, the battery on your phone is going to get drained before the day is over. Keep your phone charged with this awesome power bank that allows for charging two devices at the same time. I bring this with me anytime I travel, attend a conference, or head out to a festival. It's the best because you and your friend can charge at the same time, it holds its own battery for a remarkably long time, and it charges your phone up quickly.
What To Pack For Disney
Now that you have your necessities! You want to keep your fanny pack or backpack as light as possible, however if you have room here are a few additional items that I like to have on hand: Hand sanitizer, anti-chaffing balm, travel size deodorant, and mini sunscreen.
You may be surprised to see that I left out band-aids and over the counter pain relievers. Well, that's because Disney really is the most magical place on Earth and offers complimentary (read: FREE) band-aids, medication, cough drops, tissues, and more!
Want more Disney tips?
If you liked my Disney Packing List, I'm sure you'll love my other Disney posts! Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Need a place to stay? Read my review of Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress!
Planning a wedding? Here's How To Invite Mickey & Minnie Mouse To Your Wedding.
What do you think? Did I leave anything off? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to chat!