A breakdown of the must-visit wineries in Fredericksburg Texas. From award-winning spots to popular wine tour stops, here's where to go wine tasting in the Heart of Texas wine country.
Fredericksburg TX is about an hour northwest of San Antonio. It's known for its Texas wineries, German history, and charming shops.
I've visited Fredericksburg many times for quick road trips, my bachelorette party, and holiday fun. There are several incredible wineries, with new ones frequently being announced.
Top Fredericksburg Texas Wineries
In no specific order, here are the best wineries to visit in Fredericksburg!
Barons Creek Vineyards
5865 US-290 East, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
This actually is my favorite vineyard and tasting room in the heart of the Hill Country. Barons Creek has a beautiful, elegant tasting room with great tasting Texas wine. In addition to their wine tastings, they offer villas available for special events. They have also opened tasting rooms in the historic downtown square of McKinney, Georgetown, and Granbury.
Pontotoc Vineyard Weingarten
320 West Main Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
During my bachelorette wine tour, this was our last stop. Talk about saving the best for last! The sangria at Pontotoc Vineyards is incredible. The Weingarten is open for wine flights as well as picnic baskets. The mission of Pontotoc Vineyard is to make vintage wines grown solely in the Texas Hill Country.
Grape Creek Vineyards
10587 US-290, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Grape Creek Vineyards has Tuscan-inspired tasting rooms, gorgeous terraces, and expansive vineyards. Enjoy a glass of wine on their outdoor patio!
Heath Sparkling Wines
10591 US-290, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Heath Sparkling Wines is the first winery in Texas dedicated to sparkling wine making. They offer a beautiful tasting room and limit parties up to 4 guests.
464 Becker Farms Road, Stonewall, Texas 78671
If you're looking for a family owned vineyard with a lavender field, Becker is for you. Becker Vineyards Estate Tasting Room opened to the public in 1996 and now offers private tastings and virtual wine tasting experiences.
4222 South State Hwy 16, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
In 2022, it was announced that Slate Mill Wine Collective was purchased by Heath Family Brands and will become Invention Vineyards. Invention Vineyards is a family-run winery with a rustic tasting room and beautiful scenery. They offer both a classic tasting and reserve tasting.
18421 E, US-290, Stonewall, TX 78671
Kuhlman Cellars is located in the heart of the famous Hwy 290 Texas wine trail between Fredericksburg and Johnson City. Like a handful of the other wineries in and around the town of Fredericksburg, Kuhlman offers snacks and shareable bites at their bistro.
6260 US-290, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
If you're a sweet wine lover, you'll enjoy Fiesta Winery! They have red wines, white wines, and rose wines. I’ve only visited their Hwy 290 location but you can also stop by their Main Street location in Downtown Fredericksburg, swing by their vineyard in Lometa, or experience their award-winning wines in Historic Downtown Marble Falls.
More Fredericksburg Wineries
- William Chris Vineyards: 10352 US-290, Hye, TX 78635
- Pedernales Cellars: 2916 Upper Albert Road, Stonewall, TX 78671
- Hilmy Cellars: 12346 US-290, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
- Augusta Vin Winery: 140 Augusta Vin Lane, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
- Signor Vineyards: 362 Livesay Lane, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
- Lost Draw Cellars: 113 E Park Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
- Safari Winery: 5479 E, US-290, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
- Messina Hof Hill Country Winery: 9996 US-290, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
- Cross Mountain Vineyards: 308 East Main Street, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
- Bingham Family Vineyards: 620 South Main Street, Grapevine, TX 76051
- Southold Farm & Cellar: 330 Minor Threat Lane, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
- Ab Astris Winery: 320 Klein Road, Stonewall, TX 78671
- French Connection Wines: 1197 Hye-Albert Road, Hye, TX 78635
- Arrowhead Creek Vineyard: 13502 East US-290, Stonewall, TX 78671
I hope you loved learning more about Fredericksburg wineries. Want more wine travel guides? Read these next: