This dairy free totchos recipe is made with crispy tater tots, vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, and meatless chili. Great for a fun snack, game day appetizer, or party side!
I first heard about totchos when Toy Story Land was opening in Disney's Hollywood Studio. They serve them at Woody's Lunch Box and can even make them vegan!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Loaded tater tot nachos come together with simple ingredients in less than 30 minutes.
- This recipe is super easy to adapt, so put your spin on it!
- Serve as an appetizer, side dish, or even entree.
- Frozen tater tots: You actually have a ton of options, just be sure to always check the labels! If you want to try to make this a little healthier, grab a bag of veggie tots.
- Vegan cheese: I recommend using either Daiya Cutting Board Shreds or So Delicious Shreds.
- Vegan chili: Amy's Kitchen has several cans of organic chili! I used the light in sodium medium one, and it was great.
- Vegan sour cream: I love the taste and texture of Tofutti's sour cream but if you can't find it, scoop a dollop of unsweetened plain yogurt alternative instead!
How to make vegan totchos
Homemade vegan tater tot nachos couldn't be easier to toss together! Simply cook tater tots according to package instructions and warm up chili. When the tots are almost done cooking, sprinkle some dairy-free cheese on top and let melt. Serve with a dollop of dairy-free sour cream and sliced green onion.
Vegan totchos toppings
They're great for a game day snack or party appetizer! Some people go all in and add even more toppings, but I wanted to keep this recipe pretty basic. Other toppings include tomatoes, red onion, jalapeños, guacamole, black beans and more!
- Vegan Mini Sweet Pepper Nachos
- Dairy Free Chile con Queso
- Vegan Fried Pickles
- Vegan Everything Bagel Yogurt Dip
- Dairy Free Avocado Crema
Dairy Free Totchos
- 32 ounces frozen tater tots
- 15 ounces vegan chili
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- Sliced green onion and vegan sour cream for topping
- Cook tater tots according to the bag instructions. Typically, bake at 450F for 20-25 minutes.
- As the tater tots cook, warm chili on the stove top.
- When the tater tots are almost done and golden, sprinkle dairy-free cheese on top and let melt.
- Once cheese has melted and tots are crispy, remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate. Top with warm chili, a dollop of dairy-free sour cream, and sliced green onion.