Dairy-Free Totchos are loaded tater tot nachos with vegan cheese, chili, and sour cream. They make a fun snack or party appetizer!
Dairy-Free Totchos couldn't be easier to toss together! Simply cook tater tots according to package instructions and warm up chili. When the tots are almost done cooking, sprinkle some dairy-free cheese on top and let melt. Serve with a dollop of dairy-free sour cream and sliced green onion.
They're great for a cheat meal, game day snack, or party! Some people go all in and add even more toppings, but I wanted to keep this recipe pretty basic. Other toppings include tomatoes, jalapeños, guacamole, and more!
I first heard about totchos when Toy Story Land was opening in Disney's Hollywood Studio last year. They serve them at Woody's Lunch Box and can even make them vegan!
Since I love recreating Disney dishes, I knew I had to give this one a shot – so here we are! If you're interested, here's my homemade copycat version of Satu'li Canteen's Crispy Tofu Bowl.
What Ingredients I Used:
- Tater tots: You actually have a ton of options, just be sure to always check the labels! If you want to try to make this a little healthier, grab a bag of veggie tots.
- Vegan cheese: I recommend using either Daiya Cutting Board Shreds or So Delicious Shreds.
- Vegan chili: Amy's Kitchen has several cans of organic chili! I used the light in sodium medium one, and it was great.
- Vegan sour cream: I love the taste and texture of Tofutti's sour cream but if you can't find it, scoop a dollop of unsweetened plain yogurt alternative instead!
MORE FUN & TASTY SNACKS
- Vegan Mini Sweet Pepper Nachos
- Dairy-Free Chile con Queso
- Vegan Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Everything But The Bagel Yogurt Dip
- 1 (32-ounce bag) frozen tater tots
- 1 (15-ounce can) vegan chili
- Dairy-free cheese
- Sliced green onion and dairy-free sour cream for topping
- Cook tater tots according to the bag instructions. Typically, bake at 450F for 20-25 minutes.
- As the tater tots cook, warm chili on the stove top.
- When the tater tots are almost done and golden, sprinkle dairy-free cheese on top and let melt.
- Once cheese has melted and tots are crispy, remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate. Top with warm chili, a dollop of dairy-free sour cream, and sliced green onion.