Plant-Based Breakfast Hash is hearty and savory, perfect for Easter Brunch at home! Ready in about 30 minutes, with less than 10 ingredients.
This post has been sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own!
Easter is just around the corner and it’s time to start planning what to make for Easter Brunch. Don’t stress over what to feed your family. This quick and easy breakfast hash is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
It’s dairy-free, egg-free, cholesterol-free, and vegan & vegetarian friendly.
Allergy-Friendly Breakfast or Brunch
Before I developed my egg sensitivity and lactose intolerance, cheesy eggs were my absolute favorite breakfast. My mom would make them for me and my sister almost every day. For weekend brunch, she would amp them up with seasonal vegetables served with other brunch favorites.
Over the past few years, I have learned to prepare my own dishes for family get-togethers – just in case! I love sharing my dairy-free and egg-free meals with others because their reactions are always happily surprised.
Eggless Easter Breakfast
I tend to use holidays as a time to experiment with new products and recipes. Last Easter I brought a vegan quiche made from tofu to lunch and let’s just say that from October to December, our house is my personal test kitchen.
This year is no different! I recently swung by my local Sprouts and noticed a few new products and fresh ingredients that inspired this plant-based breakfast hash. Here’s what I grabbed:
- Bag of baby red potatoes
- Just Plant-Based Egg Scramble
- Organic veggies: Mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, spinach
If you’re planning to cook a homemade Easter breakfast, hop over to your neighborhood market for bright seasonal flavors in the produce department. I love how organized and fresh Sprouts keeps their stores, making it easy to find just what I’m looking for.
Soft and Fluffy Plant-Based Scrambled Eggs
JUST Egg scrambles just like real eggs, making it the perfect addition to our breakfast hash! Packed with 5g of protein per serving, the scramble makes this plant-based hash hearty, savory, and filling.
TIP: If you don’t have the veggies that I mentioned, simply use your favorite or any you may have forgotten about in the back of your fridge. This recipe is super forgiving and adaptable!
Simply roast potatoes and cook remaining ingredients in a skillet, then serve.
Enjoy and Happy Easter!
Plant-Based Breakfast Hash
- 1.5 lbs. Sprouts Baby Red Potatoes roughly chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1 12 oz. bottle JUST Egg
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 avocado sliced
- Preheat oven to 450F and prepare a baking sheet. Lightly coat potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, until tender.
- As the potatoes roast in the oven, heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, chopped bell peppers, and diced onion and let cook, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings.
- Once the vegetables have cooked, push to the sides of the skillet and pour all of the JUST Egg in the middle. Scramble over low-medium heat, until just cooked through, breaking it up frequently. Stir everything together to combine.
- Add cooked potatoes and spinach to the skillet and give everything one last big stir. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Serve warm straight from the skillet or in a serving bowl with sliced avocado.