This JUST Egg Quiche recipe comes together with fresh vegetables, a savory egg substitute, and buttery crust. It’s easy to make and cooks in under 1 hour.
My easy vegan quiche recipe is the best way to start your day! I love meal prepping this dairy free and egg free breakfast ahead of time and enjoying it throughout the week. However, it’s also great served during weekend brunch, on Christmas morning, or any special occasion.
What is just egg?
JUST Egg is a plant-based alternative to real eggs made from mung beans. It acts as a binding ingredient and emulsifier. You can purchase a JUST Egg bottle online or in the refrigerated section at the grocery store.
Why you'll love this recipe
- This delicious vegan quiche is fresh and flavorful, with a creamy, custard-like texture, and flaky pie crust. It's the ultimate vegan breakfast!
- It's versatile and easy to adapt. Include your favorite veggies and fresh herbs and make this savory tart your own.
- My recipe uses an entire bottle of JUST Egg, so you don't have to worry about having any leftover. However, if you've got an extra bottle, try these vegan JUST Egg recipes next.
- 9-inch pie pan: You can pop your frozen pie crust in a baking dish or place the aluminum pan directly in the oven.
- Large skillet: For the best texture and to prevent a soggy quiche, I highly recommend cooking the vegetables in a frying pan before baking in the oven.
- JUST Egg: This is the main ingredient and the base of the vegan quiche.
- Oil: Use olive oil, canola oil, avocado oil, or your favorite cooking oil.
- Vegetables: I suggest using onion, red peppers, fresh spinach or kale, and mushrooms.
- Flour: This is an optional ingredient but helps thicken the filling mixture. Use regular all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour. Chickpea flour is a great substitution.
- Baking powder: Another optional ingredient but acts as the leavening agent to help the eggless quiche fluff up and rise beautifully.
- Pie crust: You can make your own crust or use a store-bought crust.
- Optional add-ins: Optionally stir in vegan cheese shreds, nutritional yeast, kala namak/black salt, vegan sausage, vegan bacon bits, cherry tomatoes, or green onions.
How to make vegan just egg quiche
The full directions for the this JUST Egg quiche recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Step 1: Cook the veggies
Cook vegetables in a skillet. Don't skip this step! Having excess moisture causes quiche to collapse, fall flat, or turn into a watery mess.
Step 2: Prepare JUST Egg
In a small-medium bowl, whisk JUST Egg with flour and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
Step 3: Add filling to pie crust
Spread the quiche filling in an even layer in the prepared pie crust. Pour the JUST Egg mixture over the veggies.
Step 4: Bake to perfection
Bake at 350F for about 50 minutes, or until the center is set and the edges of the pie crust are golden brown.
- Make it a vegan gluten-free quiche by using gluten-free flour and a gluten-free pie crust.
- For a crustless quiche, similar to a vegan frittata, pour the quiche mixture directly into a baking dish without the pie crust.
- To make mini quiches, bake in a muffin tin at 300F for about 30 minutes or until set and the edges are golden brown.
What to serve with vegan quiche
I enjoy eating my quiche topped with sliced green onion and a couple dashes of hot sauce. It's also great paired with a salad, baby potatoes, asparagus, your favorite roasted vegetable, or fresh fruit.
How to store leftovers
JUST Egg quiche stores extremely well in the refrigerator or freezer! It can even be prepared in advance, which is especially helpful during the holidays or back to school season.
- Allow the quiche to cool completely then cover in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Reheat slices in the microwave or the entire quiche in the oven at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until warmed through.
- To freeze, let the quiche cool completely then place in a freezer safe airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. Let thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating and serving.
Try these eggless breakfast recipes next:
- Craving classic breakfast favorites? My JUST Egg french toast, vegan pancakes, and vegan waffles are for you!
- Want something on the sweet side? Try my vegan crepes, vegan loaf cake, or vegan banana bread.
- Prefer something savory? You'll love my JUST Egg vegan scramble and vegan breakfast casserole with tofu scramble.
Just Egg Quiche Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small bell pepper diced
- 2 cups spinach or kale chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust homemade or store-bought
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle JUST Egg
- 2 tablespoon flour all purpose or gluten free
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. As the oven preheats, warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened. Add the mushrooms and cook until slightly softened. Add the spinach or kale and let cook down. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together JUST Egg liquid, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the vegetable quiche mixture to the prepared pie crust and spread out evenly. Pour the JUST Egg mixture over the veggies.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center of the quiche is set and the edges of the pie crust are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Optional add-ins: Vegan shredded cheese, nutritional yeast, kala namak/black salt, vegan sausage, vegan bacon bits, cherry tomatoes, green onion.
- Make it gluten free by using gluten free flour and a gluten free pie crust.
- For a crustless quiche, pour the quiche mixture directly into a baking dish without a pie crust.
- To make mini quiches, bake in a muffin pan at 300F for 30 minutes or until set.
- Store leftover vegan quiche in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or freeze for up to 2 months. Reheat in the microwave or oven set to 350F for 20 minutes, or until warmed through. If reheating from frozen, let thaw in the fridge overnight.