Super simple and delish! I’m fairly new to the tofu game, but I’ve been experimenting with it on the reg to make up for lost time. I was amazed when I made this tofu scramble, not only did it resemble scrambled eggs, it also had a similar texture!
Simple Tofu Scramble
1 block extra-firm tofu
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1/4 of a red onion, diced
1 Roma tomato, diced
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Dash of crushed red pepper
Handful of spinach
Handful of dairy-free cheese
1. Press one block of tofu for 15 minutes, then mash.
2. Meanwhile, melt coconut oil in large skillet.
3. Add red onion, tomato, and spinach to the skillet. Let cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Mix in tofu crumbles, dairy-free cheese, turmeric, garlic salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Cook while stirring occasionally for about another 5 minutes.
5. Enjoy on its own, on toast, or in a tortilla!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com