I didn’t grow up eating seafood due to family allergies and diets. I had my first sushi roll right before starting college. I didn’t cook my first fish until after graduation. You could say I’m a seafood newbie, but I’m making up for lost time and exploring new seafood recipes that I can’t wait to share with you!
I love baking tilapia because it’s so easy and tastes great every time! If you follow me on Instagram, you know how much we love tacos… Hello, Taco Tuesday every single week.
Sure, sometimes I’ll switch it up with taquitos, enchiladas, chimichangas, or a taco salad. But this time I wanted to introduce seafood. Our local grocery store does have pre-portioned and seasoned tilapia strips, but I wanted to do all the prep work and use my own taco seasoning.
Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos
2 tilapia fillets
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon salt
Toppings: Shredded red cabbage, sliced avocado, chopped red onion, diced jalapeno, lime wedges
4 corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray. Mix together all the seasonings and set aside.
2. Place tilapia on the baking sheet. Brush with olive oil then sprinkle on seasoning. If desired, squeeze fresh lime juice on the fillets.
3. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
4. Prepare your toppings as the tilapia bakes.
5. Once cooked, flake the tilapia into pieces.
6. Assemble your tacos using corn tortillas, shredded red cabbage, sliced avocado, chopped red onion, diced jalapeno, and lime wedges.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
Shop my kitchen:
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com