Loaded Baked Taquitos are stuffed with ground beef, onion, and potato. Perfect for an appetizer or entree. Homemade, easy, and delicious!
If you have browsed through my recipes, you may have noticed that we LOVE Taco Tuesday over here. Seriously, it's kind of ridiculous how often we indulge in tacos but hey, we like it. Sometimes I want to mix it up and go lighter with a taco salad or really go full throttle with chimichangas, but lately, I've been loving these homemade loaded baked taquitos.
They don't take much longer than tacos to make and they're a fun way to switch up your typical dinner routine. These crispy taquitos bring me back to college when my husband and I would go grocery shopping together... We didn't live together but for some reason, he came to the store with me every week? We would go up and down the aisles waiting for inspiration to strike, and would usually end up on the freezer aisle. We actually only bought frozen taquitos a few times, but they left their mark.
This recipe is a homemade version of those crispy frozen bites, certainly healthier and of course, made with love! Stuff what you have – onion, potato, tomato, sweet potato, black beans... The options are endless.
Loaded Baked Taquitos
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 small russet potatoes diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- Homemade taco seasoning
- 1 bag 6-inch corn tortillas
Toppings & Sides
- Sliced avocado, rice, beans, salsa
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the onion and potato until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Once cooked, stir in the homemade taco seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place a small amount of mixture on each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy with sliced avocado, rice, beans, and salsa!