Move over, rum and coke! This gin and coke cocktail is botanical, sweet, and bubbly. It’s also known as a Cubata and is perfect for happy hour or dinner parties.
This Gin and Coke recipe is a twist on the classic Rum and Coke. It’s a super quick and easy cocktail to make at home.
Why you'll love this recipe
This is the perfect drink to enjoy on a hot summer day!
- Fun twist on the classic cocktail.
- It has a great zingy, citrus taste!
- The fizz from the cola is ultra refreshing.
Gin and coke ingredients
- Gin: Use your favorite type of gin for this vibrant cocktail! I suggest using a classic gin like Beefeater, Bombay Sapphire Gin, The Botanist, or Tanqueray Dry Gin.
- Cola: Feel free to use regular Coke, Diet Coke, or even flavored Coke depending on personal preference!
- Lime: The acidity from the lime juice cuts through the sweetness of the coke. No lime juice? No problem! Substitute with fresh lemon juice.
How to make a gin and coke cocktail
The full directions for this simple recipe are in the printable recipe card below.
Fill a rocks glass (short and wide with a sturdy bottom) with ice. Add the gin and top with the cola. Squeeze fresh lime juice and garnish with a lime wedge or lime wheel.
Variation: To take this drink to the next level, add a couple dashes of angostura bitters for a complex herby-spice flavor.
Want more simple cocktail recipes? Try these next:
- This Aviation cocktail is light, bright, and floral.
- The French 77 is a fun, bubbly twist!
- The classic Negroni is a bitter spirit-forward cocktail.
- This Rum Collins cocktail is refreshing and fizzy.
Best Gin and Coke Recipe
- 2 ounces gin
- 4 ounces coke
- ½ ounce lime juice
- Fill a lowball glass with ice and add the gin. Top with coke and squeeze in fresh lime juice. Gently stir and serve garnished with a lime wedge or wheel.