Here's how to make the best rum collins cocktail recipe at home with just 4 ingredients! It's refreshing, effervescent, and perfectly sweet.
A rum collins is a twist on the classic tom collins recipe, using white rum instead of dry gin. Like all cocktails i the collins family, it comes together with a base spirit, citrus juice, simple syrup, and soda water.
Why you'll love this recipe
- It's light, bubbly, and classy. Perfect for happy hour!
- This cocktail is easy to make! Just shake, garnish, and serve.
- Pour into a tall glass then garnish with a slice of lemon and maraschino cherry. The look is absolutely iconic.
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this rum collins recipe!
- Rum: Use your favorite light rum.
- Lime juice: Fresh is best! If you're out of limes, try fresh lemon juice.
- Simple syrup: You can use store-bought simple syrup for convenience or make your own. It's quick and simple, plus can be used for various other drink recipes.
- Soda water: Any fizzy, unflavored carbonated water will work.
How to make a rum collins cocktail
- Measure rum, lime juice, and simple syrup out into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake with ice then strain into a skinny collins glass with ice cubes.
- Top with soda water, garnish, then serve with a straw.
This take on a nostalgic classic cocktail is perfect for parties and entertaining! Serve it as a dinner party drink or simply enjoy it during the summer on your patio.
- Tom Collins Cocktail: Use dry gin and lemon juice, garnish with a lemon wheel.
- John Collins Cocktail: Use whiskey and lemon juice, garnish with a lemon wedge.
- Vodka Collins Cocktail: Use vodka and lemon juice, garnish with an orange slice.
Want more classic cocktails? Try these next:
- The French 77 is a personal favorite of mine with its bubbles and sweetness.
- Cool off with an Aperol Spritz, made in the comfort of your own home.
- Toast with a classic Champagne Cocktail!
- Looking for something with bitter notes? The Negroni is for you.
- Want to impress your guests? Serve an Aviation cocktail.
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- Soda water, to top about 2-4 ounces
- Lemon slice and maraschino cherry, to garnish
- Add rum, lime juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into a chilled collins glass. Add ice cubes to glass and top with soda water.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and maraschino cherry. Serve with a straw.