Did you think colorful lunch bowls were just for summer? Think again! This sweet potato and apple quinoa salad is full of spinach and walnuts with a bright dressing. Call it a Buddha bowl, hippie bowl, goddess bowl – whatever you call it, make sure you give this a try!
First of all, I love roasted sweet potatoes so that's the first awesome part about this lunch. Second, I love the beautiful flavor combo of apple and walnut – it just works! Plus I love adding quinoa to salads to amp them up a bit but don't forget about that spinach.
I struggled on what to call this. My initial thought was "autumn bowl" but I would totally enjoy this in spring or summer too! So I kept it simple and went with what's packed in it.
What's your favorite lunch bowl?
Sweet Potato and Apple Quinoa Salad
- 4 sweet potatoes chopped
- 2 apples sliced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups broth
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Handful spinach
- Handful chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast chopped sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Cook quinoa in a rice cooker using 2 cups broth, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Once the sweet potatoes are roasted and quinoa is cooked, slice apples and whisk together dressing.
- To assemble start by placing spinach on the bottom, then top with quinoa. Place sweet potatoes and apples on top. Drizzle with dressing and top with chopped walnuts.