Did you think colorful lunch bowls were just for summer? Think again! This sweet potato and apple quinoa salad is full of spinach and walnuts with a bright dressing. Call it a Buddha bowl, hippie bowl, goddess bowl – whatever you call it, make sure you give this a try!
First of all, I love roasted sweet potatoes so that’s the first awesome part about this lunch. Second, I love the beautiful flavor combo of apple and walnut – it just works! Plus I love adding quinoa to salads to amp them up a bit but don’t forget about that spinach.
I struggled on what to call this. My initial thought was “autumn bowl” but I would totally enjoy this in spring or summer too! So I kept it simple and went with what’s packed in it.
What’s your favorite lunch bowl?
Sweet Potato and Apple Quinoa Salad
- 4 sweet potatoes chopped
- 2 apples sliced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups broth
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Handful spinach
- Handful chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roast chopped sweet potatoes in the oven at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Cook quinoa in a rice cooker using 2 cups broth, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt.
- Once the sweet potatoes are roasted and quinoa is cooked, slice apples and whisk together dressing.
- To assemble start by placing spinach on the bottom, then top with quinoa. Place sweet potatoes and apples on top. Drizzle with dressing and top with chopped walnuts.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com