Summer is here!! I’ll be the first to say it, I love summertime but the Texas heat can be dreadful… What better way to perk up on a scorching hot summer day than with a healthy and hearty salad? This couscous salad is full of flavor and will keep your hunger satisfied all afternoon.
As many of you know, I am lactose intolerant so I do my best to avoid dairy products. About a year ago I started to introduce goat cheese into my diet and at first my stomach didn’t know what was happening. Now however, I am able to tolerate goat cheese in moderation on pizza, in salads, and smeared on sandwiches.
I love the taste of goat cheese but if it’s not for you or you can’t tolerate it, this salad would be just as tasty without it!
Summer Vegetable Couscous Salad
1 cup pearl couscous
1/2 small red onion, cut into strips
1/2 small yellow onion, cut into strips
2 zucchinis, cut into strips
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 cup arugula
Salt, pepper, and dried or fresh parsley
Handful crumbled goat cheese
1. Cook couscous according to directions on package.
2. Heat skillet over low-medium heat with olive oil, add onions and let soften.
3. Once onions have softened, add zucchini and turn up the heat to medium-high to slightly brown.
4. Meanwhile, create dressing by combining lemon juice and white wine vinegar.
5. In a large bowl, combine vegetables, cooked couscous, dressing, arugula, seasonings, and goat cheese. Mix well.
Enjoy! Save leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
Shop my kitchen:
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com