My husband and I love sweets and treats. I would say I love the candy and he loves baked goods more. Who doesn’t love a freshly baked cookie? But sometimes don’t you just want a dense and decadent blondie? Similar, but so different!
Many recipes call for absurd amounts of butter and sugar, so I found the Weight Watchers recipe for blondies and slightly adapted it. My version contains less sugar, and of course is dairy-free and egg-free!
Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Blondies
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 stick dairy-free butter
2 flax eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
1/3 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat brown sugar and dairy-free butter until fluffy. Then mix in flax eggs and vanilla.
4. Beat in flour mixture alternating with water. Then gently stir in dairy-free chocolate chips.
5. Spread into a foil lined 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake until golden, about 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Let cool on wire rack. Remove foil and cut into small squares.
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com