Taco Quinoa Skillet is a healthy alternative for taco night. Combine all your favorite taco fixings on fluffy quinoa topped with avocado and dairy-free cheese.
I’ve been on a real quinoa kick lately! It’s such an easy and versatile base to many of my favorite lunches and dinners. This recipe is the perfect way to eat lighter and healthier when you’re craving tacos… Which I do at least once a week!
I cook my quinoa in the rice cooker, making it even easier of a dish to throw together! Check out my flavorful quinoa recipe here.
This recipe can be made with or without meat and is delicious either way. It’s filling but not heavy. Healthy yet still tasty!
Taco Quinoa Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef omit if vegetarian/vegan
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 15-ounce can black or pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Cooked quinoa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: Sliced avocado, dairy-free shredded cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the olive oil and onion and cook for about 3 minutes, until it begins to soften.
- Add in meat (if using) and minced garlic. Cook until meat is just cooked through, as the meat cooks break it up into crumbles.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and diced green chilis. Cook for about another minute. Add in the beans, fire roasted tomatoes, salsa, and cooked quinoa. Stir until well combined. Let the mixture warm and come together.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!