I’ve been on a real quinoa kick lately! It’s such an easy and versatile base to many of my favorite lunches and dinners. This recipe is the perfect way to eat lighter and healthier when you’re craving tacos… Which I do at least once a week!
I cook my quinoa in the rice cooker, making it even easier of a dish to throw together! Check out my flavorful quinoa recipe here.
This recipe can be made with or without meat and is delicious either way. It’s filling but not heavy. Healthy yet still tasty!
Taco Quinoa Skillet
1 pound ground beef (omit if vegetarian/vegan)
1 small yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
1 (15-ounce) can black or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5-ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup salsa
Cooked quinoa (check out my recipe here)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional toppings: Sliced avocado, dairy-free shredded cheese
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. When the skillet is hot, add the olive oil and onion and cook for about 3 minutes, until it begins to soften.
3. Add in meat (if using) and minced garlic. Cook until meat is just cooked through, as the meat cooks break it up into crumbles.
4. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, and diced green chilis. Cook for about another minute.
4. Add in the beans, fire roasted tomatoes, salsa, and cooked quinoa. Stir until well combined. Let the mixture warm and come together.
5. Serve as is, in a tortilla, or over lettuce/spinach.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com