Loaded Veggie Breakfast Hash is protein packed with roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnip, tofu scramble, mushrooms, celery, and red onion. Customize this hash to meet your needs, perfect for using up leftovers or treating your vegan friends.
I love brunch even though I can’t eat what on 99% of the menu. Breakfast meets lunch with a side of mimosas, what’s not to love? My go-to brunch choice is a veggie hash. I love all the roasted veggies with salsa, but the one thing most places don’t serve is tofu scramble. Time to take matters into my own hands!
I’m getting really into breakfast/brunch dishes lately because I’m switching up my eating habits. Instead of having a protein bar in the morning, I want to make that my lunch–meaning I need something protein packed and yummy for breakfast.
As much as I love tofu scrambles, I really need something else along with them like roasted veggies, toast, etc. That’s when it dawned on me to combine my new faves and make a loaded veggie breakfast hash WITH tofu scramble!
I hope you enjoy this filling, healthy, and protein packed dish as much as I do. Like I’ve said before, the best thing about tofu scrambles is that you can totally customize it to fit your needs. Don’t have mushrooms, omit! Have a ton of bell pepper, throw it in! The options are truly endless.
Loaded Veggie Breakfast Hash (Vegan)
For the roasted vegetables
- 2 sweet potatoes chopped
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 parsnip chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
For the "eggs"
- 1 package tofu
- 1/2 8-ounce carton sliced mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Garlic salt & pepper to taste
- Dairy-free shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the chopped vegetables in a single layer on a lined and sprayed baking sheet. Toss with cooking oil and seasonings. Bake for about 45 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- During the last 15 minutes of roasting, begin cooking your "eggs" AKA tofu scramble. In a large skillet over medium heat, add the onion and celery. Cook until just softened, then add mushrooms. Once everything is cooked, add drained tofu. Using a wooden spoon, crumble the tofu into pieces, mixing everything together. Stir in seasonings and dairy-free cheese until everything is incorporated.
- Once the vegetables are finished roasting, toss them in with the tofu scramble. Gently stir everything together then taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.