These Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan-friendly! No odd alternatives here, just 8 pantry staples and overripe bananas.
Grab your mixing bowls and let's get baking! This banana chocolate chip muffin recipe comes together with 9 simple ingredients, in about 30 minutes. How's that for easy?
They're perfectly moist, sweet, fluffy, and filling. I love them for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack.
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
One of the most frequent questions I receive is how to make dairy-free and egg-free muffins. So here we are!
These muffins are great for anyone, as we're using only common pantry ingredients. No flax eggs, or applesauce, not even non-dairy milk.
Tips for Making Muffins
- Use overripe bananas for that sweet luscious banana flavor
- Don’t over-mix the batter, stir until just combined
- These mini chocolate chips are my favorite, with their short and sweet ingredient list
- I recommend storing the muffins covered in the refrigerator and giving them a quick reheat in the microwave when you're ready to eat them
Suggested Equipment: Here is the muffin pan I use!
More Allergy-Friendly Breakfast Recipes
Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 large bananas mashed
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vanilla extract, and sugar. Transfer to bowl with dry ingredients.
- Add mashed bananas to large mixing bowl, and stir until everything is just combined. Fold in chocolate chips now or wait to sprinkle on top once in the muffin pan. If the mixture seems a little dry, stir in a splash of dairy-free milk.
- Evenly fill each spot in the muffin pan then place in preheated oven. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes then transfer to wire rack. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Simple Veganista.