If you’re postpartum meal planning for yourself or a loved one, these simple recipes are perfect for new moms.
The goal of this postpartum meal plan is to reduce stress around meal prep and deciding what to eat throughout the day. Take guesswork out of the equation with these nourishing make-ahead recipes.
I'll be focusing on easy meals made with whole foods, whole grains, protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Think lots of vegetables, leafy greens, fruit, oats, nuts, and seeds.
This collection of postpartum friendly recipes are all dairy free and egg free, plus can easily be made gluten free to fit specific dietary needs.
Best foods to freeze
Postpartum freezer meals are the ultimate hack for new parents! Just be sure to label the containers with the date, what the meal is, and how to reheat.
- Soups and stews like my dairy free pumpkin soup, creamy potato soup, and beef stew.
- Burritos, chimichangas, and enchiladas!
- Meatballs like my easy baked meatballs or dairy free swedish meatballs.
- Casseroles like my spaghetti squash pizza casserole or these vegan breakfast casserole recipes.
- Pasta sauce like my homemade marinara sauce or pizza sauce from scratch!
- Muffins like my vegan blueberry muffins, banana chocolate chip muffins, or pumpkin muffins.
Kitchen time savers
- Leftovers: When making a recipe, double or triple the ingredients to batch cook. Save leftovers in the fridge or let cool completely then freeze.
- Frozen food: Make a tasty side dish using frozen vegetables or use a freezer meal for a speedy lunch or dinner. Try my air fryer frozen green beans, air fryer frozen brussels sprouts, air fryer frozen hamburgers, and air fryer frozen nuggets.
- Premade dressings and sauces: An easy way to save time in the kitchen is by stocking up on good store-bought dressings, sauces, and dips. I love making homemade sauces but lean on convenience foods during the postpartum period.