This post has been sponsored by Quaker Oats. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
My gingerbread baked oatmeal recipe comes together with Quaker Old Fashioned Oats, chopped nuts, warm spices, molasses, and milk of your choosing. Perfect for Christmas morning or holiday brunch!
Welcome the holiday season with this cozy breakfast. It's easy to make, with everyday ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Make ahead meals are my secret to a joyful morning! Simply whisk ingredients together, bake, and enjoy on the go.
- Old fashioned oats: Quaker Oats are 100% whole grain and highly versatile.
- Chopped nuts: I prefer walnuts in my baked oats, but feel free to use slivered almonds or your favorite type of nut.
- Gingerbread spice mix: This homemade gingerbread spice mix combines ground cinnamon with ginger, allspice, clove, and nutmeg. The comforting aroma and taste pairs perfect with hearty oats and a hint of vanilla.
- Ground flaxseed: Flaxseed meal is high in fiber and when combined with water transforms into a gelatinous mixture that helps bind ingredients together.
- Milk of your choosing: Oat milk is thick and creamy, perfect for this baked oatmeal! Use what you have on hand, as long as it's plain in flavor and unsweetened.
- Cooking oil: Refined coconut oil, canola oil, and avocado oil are all recommended.
- Molasses: This thick dark syrup comes from the process of refining sugar. It's sweet, sticky, and honey-like in its consistency. Add more or less depending on how sweet you like your treats!
From savory to sweet, hot to cold, oats can provide goodness any time of day. Look for Quaker Oats at your local Tom Thumb.
How to Make Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal Bars
These oatmeal bars require minimal prep work, making cleanup a breeze.
Grab your apron, and let's get baking for the holidays! Here's what you'll need:
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Baking dish
Step by Step Instructions
Fill your house with the comforting and nostalgic smell of gingerbread cookies. This recipe comes together from start to finish in just about an hour.
Step 1: Combine the dry ingredients
In a large-sized mixing bowl, combine Quaker Oats, chopped walnuts, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, salt, ground allspice, ground clove, and ground nutmeg.
Step 2: Combine the wet ingredients
Using a second medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together milk of your choice, flaxseed, water, cooking oil, molasses, and vanilla.
Step 3: Stir together and spread in baking dish
Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Transfer mixture to a greased baking dish (1 ⅘ quart rectangle or 2 quart square) and preheat oven to 350F.
Step 4: Bake and let cool
Bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely, then slice into bars.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store baked oatmeal covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Yes! Double the ingredients, bake in a 9x13-inch baking dish, and increase baking time by about 15 minutes.
Place a single portion on a microwave-safe plate, warm in the microwave, and enjoy as is. Alternatively, place a single portion in a microwave-safe bowl, pour milk of your choice on top, and warm in the microwave.
Delicious Holiday Recipes
I hope you enjoy these baked oatmeal bars as much as I do! They're warm and wholesome. If you like this recipe, try these next:
- Dairy Free Blended Baked Oats
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Vegan Marshmallows
Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large-sized mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Using a second medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Transfer mixture to a greased baking dish (1 ⅘ quart rectangle or 2 quart square).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely then slice into bars.