Air Fryer Apple Chips crisp up in just 15 minutes with apple slices and ground cinnamon. The perfect quick and healthy snack or light dessert!
You know those crunchy and crispy apple chips from the store? Let's make them at home!
These air fried apple chips are incredibly simple to make and take no time at all.
All About Apple Chips
Apple chips are essentially dehydrated apple slices that you can season however you'd like! I prefer mine sprinkled with a touch of cinnamon.
Here's why you'll love them:
- Low calorie
- Low carb
- Dairy free
- Egg free
- No oil
- Gluten free
How to make homemade apple chips in the air fryer
To make the best apple chips, you'll need the following tools:
- Air fryer: Here's the one I use and love!
- Mandoline: You could alternatively carefully slice your apple using a knife.
- Metal rack trivet: This will help keep your apple chips from flying around.
For cinnamon apple chips, we need just two simple ingredients:
- 1 apple: I prefer using honey crisp apples but red delicious is a great choice too.
- Ground cinnamon: Start with a pinch and use more depending on preference.
Wash the apple and cut into ⅛-inch slices. The best way to slice apple chips is using a mandoline!
Once sliced, transfer to air fryer basket and dust with ground cinnamon. Cover with a metal rack or trivet to keep the apple slices from flying around in the air fryer.
Set the air fryer to 300F and cook for 15 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes.
This is one of those recipes where it's important to actually flip while cooking.
Once crisp to perfection, remove apple chips from the air fryer and let cool. They'll continue to crisp up as they cool. Enjoy immediately.
No air fryer? No problem! Make apple chips in the oven instead. Bake at 200F for 2 hours, flipping apple slices halfway through.
I prefer and suggest leaving the skin on the apple for easy apple chips! It's personal preference.
Nope! You don't need to worry about coring the apple, as most of the seeds will fall out during slicing or when air frying.
I go off look and feel. You want the apple chips to be just golden brown and in between soft and just crisp to touch. Some apple slices will cook faster than others, so keep an eye on them.
In the off chance you have leftover apple chips, you can store them in an airtight container or bag for up to 7 days at room temperature.
Looking for more better-for-you snack ideas? Try these next!
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- How to Cook Shishito Peppers
- Mini Apple Pie Dessert Bites
- Easy Eggplant Pizza
Crispy Homemade Air Fryer Apple Chips (2-Ingredient Recipe)
- Metal rack trivet
- 1 apple (honey crisp or red delicious)
- Ground cinnamon
- Wash the apple and cut into ⅛-inch slices using a mandoline or sharp knife.
- Once sliced, transfer to air fryer basket and arrange in a single layer. Dust with ground cinnamon.
- Cover with a metal rack or trivet to keep the apple slices from flying around in the air fryer.
- Set the air fryer to 300F and cook for 15 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes.
- Once crisp, remove apple chips from the air fryer and let cool. They’ll crisp up some more as they cool. Enjoy immediately.