This dairy free pumpkin soup recipe is warm, comforting, and full of flavor! It comes together in 1 bowl in under 30 minutes. Perfect for an easy fall dinner.
If you're looking for the ultimate fall meal, this easy vegan pumpkin soup is for you! It's creamy, rich, and healthy!
How to Make the Best Vegan Pumpkin Soup
This delicious pumpkin soup without cream comes together using canned pumpkin, coconut milk, aromatics, and spices. Here's everything you'll need:
- Coconut oil
- Veggie broth
- Maple syrup
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Cayenne pepper
- Dairy free milk
- Salt and pepper
No dairy, no problem!
Creamy Dairy Free Pumpkin Soup Recipe
You're going to love this easy vegan pumpkin soup recipe all fall long!
Simply warm the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion and garlic. Stir in remaining ingredients except for coconut milk and bring to a boil. Let simmer for about 15 minutes then stir in the coconut milk and serve.
So. Simple. Y'all.
What to Pair with Pumpkin Soup
Toppings: Top with toasted pumpkin seeds, a swirl of coconut cream, and finely chopped fresh herbs.
Roasted Vegetables: I love adding roasted veggies to any and all autumn meals! Try these roasted root vegetables.
Bread: You can’t go wrong with croutons or a crusty loaf of sourdough.
Salad: What pairs better than soup and salad? Give this apple cider vinaigrette a try.
Why you'll love this spiced pumpkin soup recipe
- Non dairy
- Allergy friendly
- Vegan friendly
- Cozy & comforting
- Perfect for meal prep
Recipe FAQ & Variations
Absolutely! I recommend this pumpkin soup with coconut milk because it gives you a creamy silky-smooth consistency. A similar texture can be achieved by using almond milk or oat milk. Use what you have!
Simply replace the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour.
Pepitas are pumpkin seeds that come from certain types of pumpkins. They don't require shelling and are delicious topped on soup, salad, and baked goods.
More pumpkin recipes you’ll love
- Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
- Homemade Pumpkin Hummus
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Pumpkin Banana Bread
I hope you love this simple plant based pumpkin soup without dairy as much as we do! If you give it a try, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram.
Simple Dairy Free Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 14 ounces canned coconut milk
- Melt coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onion until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the all-purpose flour to coat the onion and garlic. Add the remaining ingredients leaving out only the coconut milk. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, reduce heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Stream in the coconut milk, taste and adjust seasoning if needed, serve and enjoy!