Air Fryer Tortilla Chips are warm, crispy, and crunchy! They're a healthier snack option that cooks in less than 10 minutes with just 3 ingredients.
What's your chip shape preference? Are you more of a classic triangle tortilla chip person or do you go for the rounds or strips?
I personally prefer the round tortilla chips but for the sake of making this recipe easy to make and versatile, I'm going to walk you through how to make homemade tortilla chips in the air fryer in their traditional triangle shape! For fun shapes, either carefully use a sharp knife or cookie cutter.
Skip the store bought chips and make your own with these simple staple ingredients. They're vegan, gluten free, and contain nearly no oil!
What you'll need:
- Air fryer: Here's the one I use and love!
- Tortillas: I suggest small corn tortillas. You can also use flour tortillas, low carb tortillas, cassava flour tortillas, or whatever you typically buy.
- Cooking oil: Use your go-to cooking spray. Olive oil and avocado oil work great!
- Salt: Any will do.
Want to make a sweet treat? Coat your tortilla chips in cinnamon sugar.
This air fryer tortilla chips recipe is super versatile! Experiment with other spices and seasoning to make the ultimate budget-friendly bite.
How to Make Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Slice the tortillas into triangles
- Arrange in a single layer on air fryer basket
- Coat with cooking spray
- Air fry at 350F for 8-10 minutes
Tips for The Best Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Don't overcrowd your air fryer basket. You want the tortilla pieces to lay flat in a single layer. Work in batches, if needed!
- Place a trivet on top of the chips if they start flying around. This will help to try and keep them in place.
- If you don't have or want to use cooking spray, you can brush oil on each side of the tortilla pieces instead.
- Depending on what type of air fryer you use, cooking times may vary slightly.
- Want baked tortilla chips instead? Make tortilla chips in the oven by baking at 400F for 6-8 minutes.
- Homemade air fried tortilla chips are best served immediately. If you have leftovers, let them fully cool, then store in an airtight container.
What to Serve with Homemade Tortilla Chips
Pair your fresh tortilla chips with some of these great dairy free dips!
- Vegan Skillet Queso
- Pico de Gallo
- Fresh Fruit Salsa
- Vegan Street Corn Dip
- Hidden Veggie Cheese Dip
- Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
- Dairy Free 5 Layer Dip
- Avocado Crema
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
I hope you love these easy homemade tortilla chips as much as we do! They're perfect as an afternoon snack or appetizer. If you give them a try, be sure to take a picture and tag me on Instagram.
Easy Homemade Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- 4 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Salt to taste
- Shape tortillas into triangles by stacking the tortillas and slicing once horizontally and then vertically.
- Place tortilla pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket and spray a generous amount of cooking spray over each tortilla slice. Sprinkle with salt.
- Air fry at 350F for 8-10 minutes, keeping a close eye on the chips. Once cooked, remove from oven, and serve warm!