This dairy free shrimp scampi sauce recipe comes together with a combination of olive oil and non dairy butter along with garlic, broth, lemon juice, and fresh parsley.
Shrimp scampi sauce is traditionally made of butter, garlic, lemon juice, and white wine.
My recipe calls for olive oil in place of butter, as well as dairy free butter to give this dish extra flavor.
In addition to this meal being dairy free and egg free, it's also gluten free! I love how bright, fresh, and light this meal is. Making it perfect for easy weeknight dinners!
How to Make Dairy Free Shrimp Scampi without Wine
This recipe comes together quite quickly, so make sure everything is prepped and ready ahead of time.
Cook the pasta: Start by boiling a large pot with salted water. Once pasta is finished cooking, reserve about ¼ cup pasta water before draining. You can use this starchy water to add additional flavor and creaminess to the sauce.
Sear the shrimp: In a large skillet, melt the butter and warm olive oil. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Toss in shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and let cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
Make the scampi sauce: Pour in broth and bring to a simmer. Let simmer until shrimp is cooked then stir in remaining butter and lemon juice. Remove from heat, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve.
When combining shrimp scampi sauce with pasta, feel free to add that leftover pasta water to help bring everything together.
What to serve with Homemade Shrimp Scampi
I suggest serving your shrimp scampi over linguine pasta with an appetizer or side dish. Here are a few ideas that pair perfectly:
- Classic Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
- Spinach Artichoke Bruschetta
- Shishito Peppers
- Chickpea Kale Caesar Salad
- Tomato Galette with Almond Ricotta
Want more delicious dairy free pasta recipes? Check these out next:
- Dairy Free and Egg Free Meatballs over Pasta
- Easy Veggie Pasta Salad
- Butternut Squash Mac n Cheese
- Quick and Easy Homemade Spaghettios
- Dairy Free and Eggless Swedish Meatballs
- Sausage and Arugula Pasta
- Penne alla Vodka (Vegan Vodka Sauce)
- Non Dairy Fettuccine Alfredo
I hope you enjoy this non dairy shrimp scampi recipe as much as we do! It comes together in less than 30 minutes with under 10 ingredients. If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Dairy Free Shrimp Scampi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons dairy free butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp
- ¼ cup broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- If serving over pasta, cook 12 ounces linguine. Optionally, reserve ¼ cup pasta water before draining to stir into scampi sauce.
- Heat olive oil and half of the dairy free butter in a large pan. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minutes.
- Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and let cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Pour in broth and bring to a simmer. Once the shrimp is cooked through, add remaining 2 tablespoons of dairy free butter and lemon juice.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!