Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Toss battered cauliflower bites in homemade vegan buffalo sauce for a delicious dairy-free snack!
If you’re craving chicken wings on a vegan or plant-based diet, you need to try my breaded cauliflower wings ASAP!
Cauliflower makes a great replacement for these tasty bites and cooking them in the air fryer gives them an unmatched texture. Check out my baked cauliflower wings recipe for a crispier panko crusted bite.
These buffalo cauliflower wings are flavorful and slightly spicy. Perfect for an afternoon snack, happy hour, appetizer, party, or game day!
Prep Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
These cauli bites come together with under 10 ingredients and cook in less than 30 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need for the cauliflower wings batter:
- Cauliflower, cut into florets and set aside
- Dairy-free milk
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
Homemade Vegan Buffalo Sauce:
- Hot sauce
- Vegan butter
How to Cut Cauliflower
Start by removing the leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower. Carefully cut around the stem then break the cauliflower into florets.
Cut cauliflower florets into small bite-sized pieces for this recipe.
You don’t want the florets to be too small but if they’re too large, they won’t cook as evenly.
Quick and Easy Air Fried Cauliflower Wings (Step by Step)
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, dairy-free milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. If the mixture is too thick, add an extra splash of liquid to thin it out.
Step 2: Toss cauliflower florets in the mixing bowl and coat with batter.
Step 3: Arrange coated florets on the air fryer basket.
Step 4: Air fry cauliflower wings at 375F for 12 minutes.
Step 5: Meanwhile, melt vegan butter and stir in hot sauce to create homemade buffalo sauce.
Step 6: Remove cauliflower wings from air fryer and toss in buffalo sauce. Return to air fryer tray.
Step 7: Air fry for a second time at 375F for 10-12 minutes.
Step 8: Remove from air fryer and serve with leftover buffalo sauce and vegan ranch dressing.
Tips & FAQ
How to avoid soggy cauliflower wings: Make sure you aren’t adding too much batter or buffalo sauce. When coating the cauliflower florets, let excess batter drip off back into the mixing bowl.
When you’re air frying, make sure not to overcrowd the basket. You may have to work in batches for best results. Wait until just before air frying to coat your cauliflower.
Can I bake cauliflower wings instead? You sure can!
What kind of non-dairy milk should I use? Use your favorite unflavored and unsweetened milk. I usually use soy milk.
Can these be made gluten-free? Absolutely! Try using cassava flour or oat flour.
What do you pair with cauliflower wings? Additional fresh veggies like celery, carrots, and peppers pair perfectly with these air fryer cauliflower wings.
Want more dairy-free appetizer recipes? Check these out next:
- Vegan Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- 4-Ingredient Vegan Buffalo Dip
- Shishito Peppers (3 Ways)
- Dairy-Free Beer Cheese Dip
- Vegan Buffalo Party Snack Mix
- Plant-Based Jalapeno Poppers
- Easy Five Layer Dip Recipe
- Vegan Skillet Queso Dip
I hope you enjoy my dairy-free and egg-free cauliflower wings as much as we do! They’re the ultimate allergy-friendly and vegan snack. If you give them a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (add up to 1/2 cup more for desired consistency)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (we like frank's redhot)
- 2-4 tablespoons plant-based butter melted
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, dairy-free milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. If the mixture is too thick, add an extra splash of liquid to thin it out.
- Toss cauliflower florets in the mixing bowl and coat with batter. Let excess batter drip off then transfer to the air fryer basket.
- Arrange florets in an even layer then air fry at 375F for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt vegan butter and stir in hot sauce to create homemade buffalo sauce.
- Remove cauliflower wings from air fryer and toss in buffalo sauce.
- Return to air fryer tray and cook for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and serve with leftover buffalo sauce and vegan ranch dressing.