My Copycat Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Ronto Wrap recipe comes together with grilled sausage, tangy slaw, and homemade cucumber-peppercorn yogurt sauce. Dairy-free and gluten-free!
One of the most popular food items from Disney's Galaxy's Edge is the Ronto Wrap from Ronto Roasters.
Envision juicy roasted pork with smoky grilled sausage, a crunchy tangy slaw, smothered in a cool cucumber-peppercorn sauce, all wrapped up in a warm pita.
During our 2020 Disney Vacation, this was at the very top of my husband's must-eat list and it didn't disappoint.
Copycat Ronto Wrap Recipe
Whether you're planning a Star Wars movie marathon, party, or just want to bring some Disney magic into your kitchen, these wraps are sure to be the star of the show.
At both Walt Disney World and Disneyland, the sausage is on the thinner side and extends beyond of the edge of the pita. If you want a more authentic ronto wrap, look for long premade grilled pork sausages.
We decided to leave the pork off our homemade ronto wraps. If you decide to include them, opt for either thin-cut pork chops or pork loin with a traditional rub.
The Crispy Slaw
I love a crunchy slaw with most everything! Feel free to prepare the ingredients yourself or cut down on prep time with a bag of premade slaw mix. The two main ingredients you're working with are green cabbage and sliced carrot.
Most of us can agree, the sauce is what makes most meals! This creamy peppercorn sauce comes together with yogurt, grated cucumber, garlic, lemon juice, dill, mint, salt, and cracked black peppercorn.
Since my husband and I are both dairy-free, I used plain dairy-free yogurt.
Homemade Ronto Wraps
Assembly of your ronto wrap at home is easy! Simply lay out grilled pita bread, top with pork and sausage, garish with slaw, and drizzle with peppercorn dressing.
Are these ronto wraps dairy-free? These homemade classic ronto wraps are non-dairy and allergy-friendly. Read all package labels, keeping a close eye on the dairy-free yogurt and pita bread.
How do I make gluten-free ronto wraps? If you follow my recipe, these wraps can easily be made gluten-free. Make sure to check ingredient lists, keeping a close eye on the pita bread and sausages.
Can I make these vegan? To make a ronto-less garden wrap at home, use plant-based sausage! Disney dresses these wraps a little differently with a spicy kimchi slaw, sweet pickled cucumber, and a vegan gochujang spread.
Want more Disney-inspired recipes? Check these out next:
Heading to Disney soon? Browse my travel guides:
- 3 Hidden Gems at Walt Disney World
- Free Things to do at Disney World
- 7 New Things to Try at Disney
- Disney Packing List
- 4 Disney World Theme Parks in One Day
- Guide to Allergy-Friendly Food at WDW
I hope you enjoy this best-selling ronto roasters wrap at home. Til the Spires! If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Copycat Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Ronto Wrap
For the wrap
- 6 pork sausages
- 6 thin-cut pork chops
- 6 pita breads grilled
For the slaw
- 1 cup green cabbage thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced carrot
- ¼ cup red onion (optional)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the peppercorn sauce
- 2 cups plain vegan yogurt
- 1 english cucumber grated
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 teaspoons cracked black peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook sausages and pork chops according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix the slaw ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Cover and transfer to refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Stir together peppercorn sauce ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings, if needed. Cover and transfer to refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To assemble, lay out pitas and top each with one pork chop and one sausage. Place desired amount of slaw on top then drizzle with peppercorn sauce.
Is there a specific brand of the pork sausage you use? Not sure what to purchase.
Hi Mary! We like the options from Boar's Head. Hope this helps 🙂