This quick and easy homemade bloody mary comes together with classic ingredients. Build a bloody mary bar with fun garnishes!
I’ve always been a mimosa kind-of person but lately I’m all for a bright, savory, salty, and semi-spicy bloody mary!
They’re smooth, almost creamy, and have endless variations.
How to Make a Homemade Bloody Mary
I like to keep my cocktails simple and fresh. It may be no-frills but it’s sure full of flavor! Here’s what you need for the best basic bloody mary:
- Tomato juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce
- Lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper
You may have noticed I left off prepared horseradish. If you enjoy horseradish, feel free to add 1-2 teaspoons.
PS: Not a fan of vodka? Use tequila for a bloody maria instead!
PPS: Want to make it a virgin bloody mary? Simply leave out the alcohol!
- Pickle spear
- Anything else you can think up!
What to Serve with Bloody Marys
If you’re searching for a food pairing, think about what goes well with or compliments tomato juice – after all, that’s the base of this delicious drink!
Here are a few options to get you started, from breakfast and brunch to appetizers and snacks.
- Easy Breakfast Board
- Oven Baked Meatballs
- Red Pepper Hummus
- Air Fried Pickles
- Tomato Galette
- Corn Fritters
- Roasted Jalapeno Hummus
- Tomato Basil Tarts
Want more easy cocktail recipes? Check these out next:
I hope you enjoy this classic bloody mary at home! If you give it a try, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Bloody Mary Cocktail Recipe
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishes: Celery stalk, pickle spear, green olives, sprig of parsley
- If you want a rimmed glass, run a lemon or lime wedge around the lip of the glass then roll in kosher salt. Squeeze the citrus into a mixing glass.
- Mix tomato juice, vodka, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into the mixing glass and stir vigorously. Taste and adjust ingredients, if needed.
- Strain into glass filled with ice and garnish with desired toppings. Cheers!