This simple and healthy dairy free hot cocoa mix recipe takes just minutes to whisk together! You just need 3 ingredients for a creamy homemade hot chocolate.
Making this dairy-free and vegan-friendly hot chocolate mix couldn't be easier! It's great to have on hand all throughout the colder months.
This sweet treat is perfect for gifting this holiday season too! Simply store in a jar, add in some festive toppings, maybe wrap a ribbon around, attach a note, and there ya go.
How To Make Hot Cocoa Mix at Home
To make your own hot cocoa mix in a jar, grab a mixing bowl and a whisk, and let's get started! Here's what you'll need:
- Whisk the ingredients together.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container.
- If gifting hot chocolate mix, you may add some treats to the jars, like marshmallows and mini chocolate chips!
- Serve about 2 tablespoons of the cocoa mix to 1 cup of warm plant-based milk or water. I like using almond milk!
Want more fun and festive drink recipes? Try these next:
- Vegan Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Homemade Gingerbread Latte
- Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew
- Egg-Free Eggnog
- Dairy-Free Dalgona Coffee
I hope you enjoy my easy hot cocoa mix in a jar! This just add milk recipe is kid-friendly, rich, and comforting! If you try this recipe, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
DIY Dairy-Free Hot Cocoa Mix
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk ingredients together, then store in an airtight jar or container.
- To enjoy a serving of creamy hot chocolate, stir about 2 tablespoons of the cocoa mix to 1 cup of warm plant-based milk.