This simple savory meatless stuffing casserole is delicious, dairy-free, and egg-free! Perfect option for a vegan or vegetarian thanksgiving.
With the holidays approaching, I wanted to make sure y'all are covered on quick and easy side dishes!
This meat-free stuffing or dressing comes together with cubed bread, plant-based butter, onion, celery, carrots, and seasoning. No special substitutes or fake meat here!
Stuffing Casserole Ingredients
This veggie stuffing is hearty and delicious, perfect for thanksgiving, christmas, or any holiday dinner! It comes together with simple, traditional ingredients. But feel free to make it your own!
- Cubed bread (chop your bread into small pieces 1 or 2 days in advance and let them sit on on the counter to dry out)
- Melted vegan butter
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable stock
To make your stuffing gluten-free, simply use gluten-free bread!
Want more dairy-free holiday recipes? Try these next:
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Easy Roasted Root Vegetables
- Portobello Mushroom Steaks
I hope you and your family enjoy this vegetarian dressing recipe! It's rich, comforting, and full of flavor! If you try this recipe, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Meatless Stuffing Casserole
- 1 pound bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons melted plant-based butter
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 large ribs from a celery stalk chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- I let my cubed bread sit out for 1-2 days to dry out but if you only have fresh bread or the loaf isn't very dry, place the cubed bread on a baking sheet at bake at 400F for about 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temp to 350F. Meanwhile, melt butter in a saute pan. Stir in onion, celery, and carrots. Let cook to soften, stirring occasionally. Season with oregano, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer cubed bread to a large bowl and pour cooked veggie mixture on top. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the vegetable stock into the bowl and give everything a big stir, making sure each piece of bread is coated.
- Transfer the mixture to a prepared casserole dish and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve warm.