This 3-ingredient Thanksgiving Margarita Recipe comes together with apple cider, lime juice, and tequila. It's the ultimate fall tequila cocktail! Perfect for parties or happy hour.
This drink is perfect for cozy nights at home. Celebrate the fall flavors by serving these apple cider cocktails at happy hour, brunch, or any upcoming holiday celebration!
Why you'll love this recipe
- This easy cocktail recipe calls just just three ingredients!
- Apple cider margaritas are smooth and sweet with a hint of spicy cinnamon.
- It's perfect for the holiday season.
To make this margarita, here's what you'll need:
What kind of glass do you serve a margarita in?
A margarita is traditionally served in a margarita glass or coupe.
- Apple cider
- Fresh lime juice
What is the best tequila for margaritas?
The better the tequila tastes, the better the margarita will taste! Use your favorite type of tequila.
For margaritas or any tequila based cocktail, I like using reposado tequila. However, you can use any variety: silver, gold, aged añejo!
How to make apple cider margaritas
Amp up your classic margaritas with harvest flavors!
Simply add tequila, apple cider, lime juice, and a few ice cubes into a cocktail shaker. Shake until ice melts, strain, and serve.
Thanksgiving margaritas for a crowd
If you're serving a crowd, make a pitcher of margs to save time. A standard pitcher, makes about 4 servings, so simply multiply the ingredient amounts by 4.
When making a pitcher, I recommend leaving out the ice so the drinks don't get watered down. Instead, add the ice to the serving glasses directly before pouring the cocktail.
Substitutions and Variations
As with all cocktail recipes, I encourage you to experiment!
- For a fun and festive fall margarita, rim the glasses with a spiced cinnamon sugar salt mixture.
- Add a touch of sweetness with splash agave or simple syrup!
- Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks.
- Use mezcal instead of tequila.
- Make ahead and store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days without ice.
How to serve
This margarita is the perfect cocktail to serve at your next holiday party!
Looking for the best cocktail recipe for autumn? Try these Thanksgiving drinks next:
- Apple Cider Sangria
- Aperol Spritz
- Negroni Cocktail
- Aviation Cocktail
- Ranch Water
- Paloma Cocktail
- Bloody Mary Cocktail
- 3 ounces apple cider
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 ounce lime juice
- Ice cubes
- Add all ingredeints into a cocktail shaker with a few ice cubes. Shake until the ice melts. Strain into a coupe glass and serve.