This vegan pumpkin banana bread recipe is made with simple ingredients for a thick, fluffy, and perfectly moist loaf. It's bursting with fall flavors and great for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or comforting dessert.
This homemade vegan pumpkin banana loaf is already in my baking routine. It's officially the fall version of my classic vegan banana bread!
Why you'll love this recipe
- Bursting with fall flavors: It's filled with cozy pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Allergy friendly: It's dairy free, egg free, vegan, and can easily be made gluten free!
- Easy to adapt: I love adding pepitas to the top of my loaf before baking for a subtle crunch. Feel free to toss in vegan chocolate chips or chopped pecans.
This dairy free pumpkin bread comes together with simple ingredients. Here's what you'll need to make this sweet treat, plus my recommended substitutions.
- Flour: Use regular all purpose flour or gluten free flour, if needed.
- Baking powder & baking soda: These ingredients help the loaf rise and get nice and fluffy.
- Pumpkin pie spice: Pumpkin pie spice is a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger is absolutely delicious.
- Salt: To balance and enhance all the flavors and spices!
- Ripe bananas: For best results, use overly ripe, brown spotted bananas.
- Pumpkin puree: Make sure to use real pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling!
- Brown sugar: You can use light or dark brown sugar, or even coconut sugar.
- Oil: I suggest using refined coconut oil but any neutral oil like canola oil, vegetable oil, or light olive oil will work as an alternative.
- Dairy free milk: Use your favorite non dairy milk milk as long as it's unsweetened and unflavored. I tend to use oat milk, almond milk, soy milk, or coconut milk.
Why use refined coconut oil?
Using melted coconut oil makes this bread soft and fluffy. Refined coconut oil has a neutral taste. So no coconut taste, smell, or aroma! It's made from the coconut meat that's filtered and dried before being pressed into oil.
How to make vegan pumpkin banana bread
The full directions for this pumpkin banana bread with pumpkin seeds are in the printable recipe card below.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir wet ingredients together.
- Stir to combine, being careful not to over-mix the batter!
- Transfer to greased loaf pan and top with pumpkin seeds.
- Bake for about 50 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
- Store leftover pumpkin bread in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days or in a freezer safe bag in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Looking for more seasonal recipes? Try these next:
- Vegan Pumpkin Banana Muffins
- Vegan Apple Cider Donuts
- Mini Apple Pie Tarts
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Homemade Sugar Cookie Latte
- Dairy Free Gingerbread Latte
I hope you enjoy this vegan pumpkin bread as much as we do! If you try this recipe, please share a photo with me over on Instagram.
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup melted refined coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free milk
- Preheat your oven to 350F and prepare a loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas and stir in pumpkin puree, brown sugar, melted coconut oil, and dairy-free milk.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet and mix until just combined.
- Transfer to prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Cut into slices and enjoy!