Better-For-You Chocolate Chip Cookies are vegan, soft, and indulgent. Enjoy these bite-sized delights without all the guilt.
I received free samples of Swerve mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Swerve and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
When I first started blogging, it was more of a food diary. That was always my intention and still is! The thing is that somewhere along the way, I started to care more about making my food look more appealing to my readers. So I was giving more attention to learning how to photograph better, even on my iPhone… And I was thinking about the recipes I share depending on the time of the year. But y’all didn’t care about that. My readers from the beginning just wanted some easy to understand, dairy-free and egg-free recipes.
Here I am today, sharing some really tasty chocolate chip cookies! They happen to be vegan, so auto dairy and egg free plus they’re lower in sugar and calories thanks to Swerve.
I love baking but I hate the guilt that comes with scarfing down a dozen cookies. Swerve is a sugar replacer made from ingredients found in select fruits and starchy root vegetables and contains no artificial ingredients, preservatives, or flavors. It’s zero-calorie, so that makes me feel better about satisfying my sweet tooth.
When I asked in my Facebook group a few months ago what desserts y’all want to see more of, I got a lot of chocolate chip cookie requests. Admittedly, I’ve been trying to cut back on sugar and carbs, and overall eat healthier. I kind of put sweets and desserts on the back burner, but this girl needs her after dinner treat! Stumbling upon this natural sweetener inspired me to create these “better for you” chocolate chip cookies.
So how are these better for you? Well, of course, the zero calorie sugar replacer helps. Plus the dairy-free butter and chocolate chips. Factor in the egg replacer and low salt, these cookies melt the guilt away as they melt in your mouth. What I love about recipes like this is you can easily swap out ingredients for what you have in your pantry or refrigerator. If you can follow this recipe item by item and step by step, that’s awesome! But life doesn’t always work out that way. You may have to use gluten-free flour or different morsels, that’s okay. We’ll figure it out!
I hope these cookies remind you that eating healthier and giving our tummies ingredients we agree with can still be fun and tasty! What other desserts would you like to see veganized or made healthier? Let me know in the comments.
Better-For-You Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup vegan unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Swerve Granular
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine melted butter, Swerve Granular, and brown sugar. Add egg replacer to the bowl and mix very well, then mix in vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the bowl of the stand mixer. I added about a half cup at a time. Mix until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and place the bowl in the refrigerator to let chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare baking sheets by lining and spraying.
- Scoop dough and form into balls, then gently press down on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes, until just slightly golden. Once cooked, remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. These cookies will firm up a bit.
- Be patient and allow cookies to completely cool then enjoy!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list.
Want to see more recipes using Swerve? Click the image link below!
This post marks the beginning of sharing and creating some basic, traditional recipes made allergy-friendly! I’m thinking scones, biscuits and gravy, stroganoff, alfredo, ziti casserole, puppy chow, madeleines, and more. Let me know if you have any other requests!