Tofu Scramble Tater Tot Casserole is the ultimate vegan and gluten-free breakfast or brunch recipe. This loaded casserole will satisfy everybody in the family. With a tater tot base, layered with tofu scramble and dairy-free cheese, then baked to perfection, this is sure to be a family favorite!
Growing up, on Christmas morning, my family would always have “Aunt Michele’s Casserole.” To be completely honest, I never made it so I’m not even sure what’s in it… I assume day-old bread, a ton of eggs and dairy baked to perfection. Of course, I haven’t been able to indulge in this nostalgic breakfast in quite a few years. This year, I wanted to come up with a vegan breakfast casserole that is just as fun and tasty!
Who doesn’t love tater tots?? I used to eat them all the time as a snack or side, but never for breakfast. But why not?! The potato base to this recipe supports the tofu scramble and cheesy goodness (dairy-free, of course)!!
I honestly can’t believe I haven’t tried this before. I love casseroles so much, I guess I just had to wait for Christmas to roll around to inspire me!? As with all my tofu scrambles, add and omit ingredients as you please. This is your special Christmas casserole!
Share this treat with all your family or hoard it all for yourself. It reheats great in the microwave. Don’t forget to drizzle your slice with hot sauce, salsa, or maybe even ketchup… I’ve done it all ways, so I won’t judge!
Tofu Scramble Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound extra firm tofu drained
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package dairy-free shredded cheese
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until just translucent, mix in mushrooms and garlic and cook until everything softens.
- Using a wooden spoon, crumble the tofu into pieces in the pan. Add turmeric, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Mix well to combine. Once combined, stir in shredded dairy-free cheese then remove from heat.
- Line a single layer of tater tots in your casserole dish. Spread tofu scramble over tater tots and sprinkle with dairy-free cheese.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until heated throughout. Enjoy with hot sauce, salsa, or ketchup!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $47.99Was: $49.99