Pull Apart Garlic Loaf is savory and addicting, the perfect easy addition to any dinner. Fresh herbs and fragrant garlic make each buttery knob a savory treat.
I am definitely late to the pull apart bread party! I have seen the festive monkey bread all over Pinterest, but I’ve never tried it. This savory loaf is perfect for parties or to accompany your dinner.
I stumbled across Gather For Bread’s Pull-Apart Garlic Bread after a dinner recipe went south. I chopped four cloves of garlic for an upcoming sauce recipe then realized my main ingredient was no longer fresh. Don’t you hate when that happens?! Instead of getting frustrated, I quickly decided to improvise with the pasta sauce – but I was still left with a mountain of chopped garlic. My husband, Zack suggested I make garlic bread and that’s how I found this recipe.
The original recipe calls for butter and milk so I simply used my dairy-free butter and nut milk. I was a little worried that the dairy-free milk wouldn’t work, but I was so wrong! This garlic loaf is unbelievably addicting. The use of fresh herbs and fragrant garlic make each buttery knob a savory treat. This would be the perfect party appetizer or side dish, but Zack and I have been enjoying it with pasta and soup… And for a snack!
Besides using up fresh herbs from our overgrown Aerogarden, I love this recipe because it’s basically fail-proof! Mix everything together in your stand mixer, divide the dough into two, cut into pieces, slather in goodness, let rise for an hour, and bake. Easy!!
Pull Apart Garlic Loaf (Dairy-Free)
For the dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free butter softened
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 1/2 cups bread flour
For the topping
- 8 tablespoons dairy-free butter melted
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Add warm water to the bowl of your stand mixer, stir in yeast and sugar. Let stand 10 minutes, until foamy.
- Mix in dairy-free butter, dairy-free milk, salt, and 3 cups of flour. Add remaining flour gradually. Knead for 10 minutes using the dough hook. The dough should be soft and slightly sticky. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces.
- Using a small bowl, combine butter, herbs, and garlic. Set aside.
- Cut dough into one-inch pieces, roll into balls, and dip into the butter mixture. Layer the buttery dough into two loaf pans. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Cover loaves and let rise until doubled, about one hour. Before they fully rise, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!