Easy Vegan Potato Leek Soup is creamy, warming, hearty, comforting, and delicious. The perfect answer to a chilly evening!
It’s beginning to actually feel like fall here in Dallas so I’m going full steam ahead with the soup recipes! I have so many veggie-filled soups I want to try this year and I can’t wait to share them all with you.
By now, we’re all probably familiar with those Tasty videos, right? This recipe actually came from their 5 Healthy & Hearty Fall Soups video. If you missed that one, make sure to check it out because I know I’ll be rotating those five soups all fall long.
As a food blogger, I’m always trying to create delicious recipes and take intriguing photos. A few months ago, my husband bought me a tripod and light kit so I can start experimenting with food videos and have artificial lighting since you can’t always rely on natural light. Here we are, months later and I still don’t know how to really use them. One of my end of the year goals is to understand these tools AND create just one video. What do you think? Do you have any tutorials for me? Any tips you want to share with me as a reader? I would LOVE to hear from you.
Anyway, now to this delicious soup… I’m not really a soup person, to begin with, but for some reason, I’ve been craving all the soup lately! What I love most about these soup recipes is that I finally get to use my immersion blender. We received it as a wedding gift and I’ve admittedly been scared to use it??? I don’t know haha, I guess I just didn’t know how to use it. But now that I’ve tried it out–I’m obsessed! It’s so easy and you can make creamy soups super quick. Of course, I had to serve some biscuits on the side because #carbs but I still feel like this is a healthier and lightly dinner even though it’s hearty and fills you up!
Easy Vegan Potato Leek Soup
- 3 large leeks cleaned and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free butter
- 2 pounds potato cubed
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot. Add leeks and stir to coat with butter. Cover the pot and lower heat, cook for about 10 minutes, until leeks soften.
- Add garlic, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute then add the vegetable broth, water, thyme, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then lower heat and cover pot, let simmer for 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and remove thyme and bay leaf. Use an immersion (or countertop) blender to blend the soup until smooth. Stir in green onions and hot sauce. Allow to cool for a couple minutes and serve. Enjoy!