Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hominy is the perfect side dish for the holiday season. Bump your brussels to the next level with balsamic vinegar, garlic, and hominy. You and your family will be craving this all year long!
“Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.” I recently heard this quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby when I was going through a transitional phase in my life and it filled me with comfort and hope. Much like how fall food fills our bellies with coziness and joy! This side dish or appetizer is sure to be a hit around the tables this holiday.
Do you ever grasp at quotes, verses, or songs that make you feel understood? I definitely do and when I heard “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall” I interpreted it to mean as the fall season moves in, I can turn over a new leaf, have a fresh start – and that gave me an overwhelming sense of optimism for the future.
As a freelance digital marketer and blogger, I spend a lot of time in my cozy apartment. It’s easy for me to put off going out, but recently an old friend came into town and wanted to meet up. We met for brunch at a new spot, Tupelo Honey, and as we were chatting I had a beautiful moment when I knew this is exactly where I was supposed to be.
Enough of the real-life deep stories and onto the recipe and inspiration behind it! If you follow me on Instagram then you already saw my post of Tupelo’s veggie burger and Brussels with hominy. I’ve been a roasted Brussels lover for years but never had hominy, game changer y’all! Right when I got home, I knew I had to recreate this dish and here we have it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and share it with your friends and family this upcoming holiday season.
I typically don’t share tidbits from my life, but some of my favorite bloggers are really open and transparent, so that inspired me. When I first started food blogging, I wanted to strictly share photos and the recipe – no fluff. But I’m realizing that the fluff may be what keeps you coming back? What do you think? I’d love to hear from you! What do you want to see more of/less of?
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Hominy
For the Brussels
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts rinsed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar divided
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the Hominy
- 1 15-ounce can white hominy
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and prepare two baking sheets with cooking spray. Place chopped Brussels in a large bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, half of the balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then pour over Brussels sprouts and toss well to combine.
- Once coated, transfer to baking sheets and roast for about 30 minutes.
- As the Brussels cook, melt butter in a skillet. Add hominy, sprinkle with salt and pepper and warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Remove Brussels from oven when caramelized and tender. Drizzle with remaining balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with a little extra salt.
- Combine everything together in a large dish or bowl and serve.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!