By now everybody has or at least heard of the famous cilantro lime rice! Chipotle made it popular but now you can make it at home.
It's so simple to make at home you'll ask yourself why you waited so long! You can make it on the stove or in a rice cooker.
With limited oil, it's not an unhealthy addition to your Taco Tuesday and can be a nice switch from regular taco rice! Try it with Chickpea and Guacamole Tacos, a ground beef taco salad, fish tacos, or baked taquitos.
What's your favorite Taco Tuesday side? What would you like to see more of on The Urben Life?
Cilantro Lime Rice (Chipotle Copycat Recipe)
- 1 cups long grain white rice rinsed
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ bay leaf
- Heat oil in a medium pan. Add rice and coat with oil, be careful not to let it burn–you just want to let it toast a bit.
- Add salt and bay leaf, then pour in water/broth. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then fluff. Remove bay leaf, stir in cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, and additional salt, if needed.