Roasted Acorn Squash with Kale and Wild Rice is a hearty rice bowl is full of flavor and nutrients, perfect for a filling fall lunch.
I love roasting anything and everything. My go-to is sweet potatoes, but every now and then I like to switch it up with acorn squash or spaghetti squash. I love roasting veggies because they’re easy to throw into salads or just for a healthy snack. If you love “buddha bowls” as well check out my simple recipe or Sweet Potato and Apple Quinoa Salad!
Kale is another leafy green I love roasting, but for this recipe, I tried a new technique. Have you ever massaged kale leaving it tender and truly delicious? If not, give it a try ASAP! Whisk up a dressing and go to town on those leaves. After about 3 minutes you’ll notice a difference and make even your pickiest eater a believer!
This is an awesome and festive salad bowl packed with rice, kale, and squash. Do you have a favorite seasonal lunch?
Roasted Acorn Squash with Kale and Wild Rice
- 1 acorn squash chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 leaves of kale rinsed, de-stemmed, and chopped
- 1 5-ounce packet wild rice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or another sweetener
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. As the oven preheats, cook wild rice according to the directions on the package.
- Toss chopped squash with olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Place on a lined and sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While the squash roasts, place kale in a large bowl and massage dressing into the leaves for at least 3 minutes.
- To assemble, scoop rice into bowls then top with tender kale and roasted squash. Enjoy!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
Shop My Kitchen