Learn How To Roast Pumpkin & Squash Seeds! With just one pumpkin or squash, coconut oil, and salt. It’s really that easy!!
It’s that time of year again when the pumpkin spice lovers make their obsession known and bakers experiment with everything pumpkin and large squash! I’m guilty of both of these, are you too? If you are then you know in addition to cooking and baking with pumpkin and squash, you can roast up the seeds for another little snack as well!
I love snacking on seeds or tossing them on top of salads. One of my favorite aspects of roasting pumpkin or squash seeds are the truly unlimited flavor profiles! You can keep it classic with salt, spice them up with chili powder and cayenne pepper, or stick with the seasonal favorite pumpkin spice. How do you season your seeds?
How To Roast Pumpkin & Squash Seeds
- 1 pumpkin or large squash
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil approximately
- Optional Pumpkin Pie Spice Seasoning: Brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Scoop the seeds from the pumpkin or large squash.
- Place seeds in a colander and pinch away flesh and strings.
- Run colander under cold water and remove additional flesh, don't worry about getting everything. Shake colander to remove excess water.
- Dry the seeds using a paper towel, the seeds will stick to the towel but do your best to dry.
- Transfer seeds to baking sheet and drizzle with oil then sprinkle with a nice pinch of salt. Toss so everything is coated then spread out in a single layer.
- Roast until the seeds just start to brown, this should take about 25 minutes.
- Remove seeds from oven and let cool on the sheet.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!