It’s pumpkin spice latte season!!! Since becoming lactose intolerant, I haven’t trusted ordering fancy coffee drinks out. I actually have recently switched to drinking black tea in the morning instead of a cup of coffee. It’s not that I don’t enjoy coffee anymore, I just needed the change.
As the cold front has been moving through north Texas, I have been indulging in a pumpkin spice latte to perk me up during that afternoon slump. This PSL is not just dairy-free, it’s vegan! So everybody can enjoy it.
Cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, clove… What bring you into fall quick than smelling these spices? Throw pumpkin or apple into the mix, and you’re ready for sweater weather!
As you warm everything together on your stove, your kitchen will have the lingering smell that makes it feel as if the steam is hugging you. You all know what I’m talking about, right? Haha! Anyway, it’s worth noting that even my husband enjoyed this treat of a latte! So it’s not just for basics.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or favorite sweetener
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, whisking occasionally until warm throughout.
- Transfer to a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Enjoy your creamy and foamy latte!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list