Searching for a vegan filling Taco Tuesday recipe? Look no further! These chickpea and guacamole taco are filled with soft seasoned chickpeas, flavorful guacamole, and your favorite toppings.
Most of my favorite recipes are easy ones. Simple to remember, quick to throw together. I love tortillas that have been warmed up on a skillet, so if you have time that’s a must! I also love making my own guacamole and taco seasoning. Again, if time doesn’t allow–store bought will work just fine.
I love these tacos topped high with black bean dip, dairy-free shredded cheese, and onions! Plain yogurt also works as a great sour cream alternative. If you need a little more spice, add some diced jalapeno.
Chickpea and Guacamole Tacos
1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas
Homemade taco seasoning
Optional toppings: Black bean dip, dairy-free shredded cheese, plain yogurt in place of sour cream, diced red onion, diced jalapeno
1. Assemble homemade taco seasoning and prepare homemade guacamole.
2. Using a medium skillet lightly covered in cooking spray, warm tortillas then set aside.
3. Over medium heat using the same skillet, add chickpeas and let warm. You don’t want these to get crispy, just warmed throughout.
4. Once warm, stir in taco seasoning and coat everything.
5. To assemble, spoon guacamole on warmed tortillas then top with divided seasoned chickpeas. Sprinkle or scoop on your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love: