Easy Apple Crisp is dairy-free and the perfect fall-baking dish! Combine 8 simple ingredients and bake for less than an hour.
Bring fall into your kitchen with my easy apple crisp! A dairy-free version of your mom’s famous recipe for everybody in the family to enjoy.
This cloudy weather has me dreaming of autumn and winter. Meaning my mind is wandering off to fall baking! Apples, pumpkins, and more. This apple crisp is my new fall favorite. I’ve loved my mom’s apple crisps for years and finally decided to learn how to make my own.
The streusel is crispy but the apples are tender, what more could you ask for? I guess you could top this treat with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream. But I prefer this dessert on its own! It’s the perfect comfort food you crave on days leading up to fall and the holidays.
Before we get too far into fall baking, let’s have a little lesson on the different types of popular desserts and what makes them different. The biggest debate or cause of confusion comes from crisp vs. crumble. I’m so thankful I found the answer so I know for sure when talking about my favorite treats. Crisps contain oats, crumbles do not. Simple enough, right? Well… As time has gone on, the two words are now synonymous. At least we know though! Oh, and we can’t forget about cobblers. Those are easy, they are topped with biscuits. Now you can wow your guests at upcoming holiday parties!
What are your favorite fall desserts? What dairy-free and egg-free treats do you want me to post next?
Easy Apple Crisp
- 5 Golden Delicious apples cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 stick dairy-free butter cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare an 8x8 baking dish with baking spray.
- In a large bowl toss apples, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Place mixed apples in baking dish.
- In the same large bowl, mix together flour, oats, and brown sugar. Using your fingers, mix in butter until small clumps form.
- Once incorporated, sprinkle the topping over the apples in baking dish.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Then let rest on cooling rack for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon