Mango Papaya Smoothie Bowl is flavorful and filling! This bowl combines two juicy tropical fruits, is plant-based, gluten-free, soy-free, and oil free.
If you’re on Pinterest or Instagram, by now you have seen those beautiful smoothie bowls! Some are filled to the brim with colorful fruit, others have intricate designs, while others are simple but drool-worthy. Thanks to the new cookbook, Bold Flavored Vegan Cooking, I finally gave them a shot.
Packed full of plant-based goodness, this smoothie bowl contains two fruits I’m not as familiar with–mango and papaya. After this bowl, I’m ready to experiment with these fruits and others! The toppings are where you can really let your creative juices flow! Chia seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, hemp seeds, granola, cacao nibs… The options are endless!
Bold Flavored Vegan Cooking provides plenty of plant-based recipes with a kick. Each recipe states if it’s quick, gluten free, soy free, etc. This cookbook also includes homemade recipes within recipes, which is something I am new to! I typically don’t prepare multiple spice mixes or sauces, but if you do–then you’ll appreciate this cookbook even more.
This smoothie bowl recipe states that you can replace the coconut milk with any unsweetened plain vegan yogurt if you’d like, but I loved the addition of coconut milk! If you find the results are too thick for your liking, thin it out with an unsweetened plain plant-based milk. If you’re wanting a thicker consistency, which I do, use frozen mango and papaya! I would recommend doing this, as the canned coconut milk gives you a super light and airy texture once blended with the fruit.
If you’re interested in other recipes from Bold Flavored Vegan Cooking, check out these bloggers:
- Balsamic Berry Panna Cotta by Go Dairy Free
- Quick and Easy Pad Thai by Sunnyside Hanne
- Crunchy Corn Waffles by Veggie Inspired
I love how unique the recipes in the cookbook are and how they include ingredients that I may have been hesitant to test out before. The recipes are definitely full of flavor and of course, vegan!
Mango Papaya Smoothie Bowl
For the syrup
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
For the bowls
- 6 ounces mango flesh, chopped
- 6 ounces papaya flesh, chopped
- 1 frozen peeled medium banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk or coconut cream
- Juice from 1 lime
- Super seed and sprouted grain blend, chia seeds, hemp seeds, granola, fresh fruit, toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, cacao nibs
- To make the syrup, stir together the agave, lemon juice, ginger, and turmeric in a small mason jar. Cover and let stand while preparing the rest. The syrup can be stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Stir again before use.
- To make the bowls, place mango, papaya, banana, coconut milk, and lime juice in a blender. Blend until perfectly smooth and combined. Transfer to two bowls. Drizzle with syrup to taste, and cover with toppings of choice. Serve immediately.