Summertime treats and snacks are vibrant in color and explosive in taste. My mini lemon poppy seed cakes are just that! Plus they’re the perfect size for any get-together.
I love the lemon poppy seed duo in any recipe, they just embody the happiness and brightness that summertime brings!
These bite-sized cakes are perfect for pool days, BBQ’s, dinner parties, and other summer activities. The drizzle isn’t as heavy as a cream cheese based frosting, but I must admit I have the itch to make some using my favorite dairy-free cream cheese.
Mini Lemon Drizzle Cake
1 1/2 cups + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Zest and juice from 1 large lemon
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon extract
5 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Lemon glaze: 3/4 cups powdered sugar & 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8″ square baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice, oil, and water.
4. In the center of the dry ingredients, make a well. Pour and stir the wet ingredients in. Fold in poppy seeds. Once well mixed, pour the batter into the baking dish.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Use a toothpick in the center to ensure it’s cooked throughout. Once cooked, remove and let cool.
6. In a separate small bowl, whisk together fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar to create the lemon glaze. Continue adding lemon juice little by little until you reach desired consistency.
7. While the cake is still warm, drizzle the glaze over. Once cooled, cut into small squares and enjoy!
What’s your favorite bite-sized summer dessert? Let me know in the comments section, then click the link below to go check out more small treats!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!