Gnocchi with Fresh Basil Pesto is ridiculously easy and crazy flavorful! All you need is a package of potato gnocchi, fresh basil pesto, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
I love gnocchi! Dressed with garlic butter, marinara, or now with fresh basil pesto. These little Italian dumplings may be cloud-like but they’re also rich and hearty.
I remember the first time my college roommate pan-fried her gnocchi after cooking it. I was like “um, what are you doing?!?” and she thought I was crazy for not doing it before. My gnocchi game was forever changed.
Onto the basil pesto… If you remember from previous posts, we have a ton of fresh basil from our AeroGarden so finding new ways to use it up has been super fun! Pesto pasta is a staple, but you rarely see it served on gnocchi.
My next experiment in the kitchen might be making dairy-free and egg-free homemade gnocchi… Thoughts??? Would y’all be interested in that recipe?
Gnocchi with Fresh Basil Pesto
1 package (17.5 ounces) of potato gnocchi
Fresh Basil Pesto
Salt and pepper
1. Cook gnocchi according to package directions.
2. As gnocchi cooks, make fresh basil pesto.
3. Pour pesto into a medium-large bowl.
4. Once pasta is cooked, drain completely.
5. Heat a skillet with about 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place cooked gnocchi in skillet and brown on both sides.
6. Once browned, toss gnocchi in a bowl with pesto until completely covered.
7. Serve immediately topped with dairy-free Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon