Of course, I rediscovered my love for asparagus right as they’re going out of season. Good thing you can get them year round though! When I was younger I would dip boiled asparagus into mounds of mayonnaise and I was obsessed with it. Now my new favorite way to enjoy them is roast em up and throw them in with whatever I can!
This recipe is the perfect spring/summer recipe. The lemon butter sauce compliments the asparagus so nicely and the mushrooms give the dish a little extra something! I definitely sprinkled on some dairy-free parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes before digging in!
Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta with Lemon Butter Sauce
1 bunch of fresh asparagus
6 cups bow tie pasta
8-ounce box sliced white mushrooms
1 lemon, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons dairy-free butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Toppings: Chopped green onion, dairy-free parmesan cheese, pine nuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cook pasta according to the directions on your box. Wash and chop the asparagus into small pieces, about one inch.
2. Toss chopped asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then spread them evenly on a lined and sprayed baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
3. As the asparagus roasts, cook the mushrooms in a skillet. Season with a small amount of salt and pepper.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the lemon zest and juice.
5. Add in roasted asparagus pieces and cooked pasta, and toss with remaining olive oil and butter, then season to taste.
6. Serve topped with chopped green onions, dairy-free parmesan, red pepper flakes and pine nuts.
Enjoy! Store in an air-tight container and place in refrigerator. Leftovers can be eaten cold or reheated in the microwave.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com