I couldn’t tell you why it took me so long to purchase a spaghetti squash, but now that I’ve tried it there’s no turning back. These squashes are huge, produce so many varied recipes, and are cheap as heck!!!
My favorite way to prepare spaghetti squash is to roast it in the oven then use a fork to scrape it. What’s your favorite recipe withspaghetti squash as the star?
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Oven
1 spaghetti squash
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line and spray a baking sheet.
2. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Arrange squash cut-side down onto the baking sheet.
5. Place into oven and roast until tender, about 30-45 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
7. When cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape the squash to create long spaghetti-like strands.
Enjoy with your favorite sauce and toppings!
Tip: I’ve found that microwaving your spaghetti squash for 3 minutes before cutting it makes it easier.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com