Learn How To Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Oven! All you need is a spaghetti squash, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
I first started experimenting with spaghetti squash back in 2017. I couldn’t tell you why it took me so long to purchase one but if you haven’t tried it yet, go run to the store and pick one up!
Spaghetti squashes are so versatile, usually pretty cheap, and healthy! My favorite way to prepare this squash is to roast it in the oven. From there, scrape the squash with a fork to create “spaghetti noodles” then top with sauce and veggies or use it as a base for oh let’s say… a lightened up casserole dish!? Yum!!
Enjoy spaghetti squash in less than an hour!
Recently, I posted on Instagram about spaghetti squash and I was blown away with how many people have never given it a try! If you’re on the fence about spaghetti squash, let me try to make you a believer with this step-by-step guide.
Start by preheating your oven and lining a baking sheet. Cut the spaghetti squash in half then scoop out the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place cut-side down on the baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes. Let it cool for a bit then use a fork to scrape the squash and create spaghetti-like strands. That's it! Easy, right?!
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Oven
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line and spray a baking sheet.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange squash cut-side down onto the baking sheet and place into oven. Bake until tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape the squash to create long spaghetti-like strands.
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce and toppings!