I’ve been wanting to try out these cauliflower “wings” or bites for a while now! I tried the cauliflower fried rice and loved it, so these were next on my list. I used BBQ sauce, but I bet buffalo sauce would go great as well.
I think what I love most about this recipe–besides the fact that it’s deliciously addicting–is that I don’t feel unhealthy as I scarf them down! Cauliflower is a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin B6. It’s also a good source of fiber, biotin, phosphorus, omega-3 fatty acids, and manganese.
BBQ Cauliflower “Wings”
1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup dairy-free milk
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon dairy-free butter
1. Preheat to 450 degrees F. Spray a lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, dairy-free milk, garlic salt, paprika, cumin, and black pepper. The mixture should form a batter.
3. Toss the cauliflower florets in the batter and place a single layer of battered florets on the baking sheet. Be careful not to coat the batter too thick on the cauliflower.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the batter begins to set. Then use tongs to flip the florets and bake on the other side for another 10 minutes, or until the batter looks completely dry.
5. While baking, combine the barbecue sauce and butter in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until the butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
6. Once the cauliflower florets are done, use a pastry brush to completely coat the florets with sauce.
7. Bake again for about 10-15 minutes, until the florets are crispy and the sauce is absorbed.
Enjoy with vegan ranch dressing and other veggies!