Buffalo Tofu Bowl is a healthier and veganized deconstructed take on the buffalo chicken wrap. It’s protein packed and will leave you energized and feeling your best throughout the afternoon. Perfect for easy lunches with pan-fried tofu, crispy chickpeas, fluffy quinoa, and flavorful wilted spinach.
Back in college, my husband and I lived in the co-ed residence hall before moving to our on-campus apartments. We were required to have meal plans, so we ate most of our meals in the Student Union Dining Hall. We came to love their buffalo wraps and the kind lady who served them! Since we both have dietary restrictions, finding somebody who cares and understands is super big in our book.
I’ve been loving pan-frying tofu for a quick lunch or dinner lately, so I decided to take the classic buffalo chicken wrap and veganize it using tofu! I’m sure tempeh would be great too.
I’ve been experimenting with dairy-free cheese and other products lately, and I must say these brands have really stepped up their game! When I found out vegan ranch dressing existed, I basically spooned it into my mouth. Sorry, was that gross? Well, it’s the truth!
I love pan-fried tofu, with or without cornstarch. If you’re looking for more of a crunch, make sure you coat with cornstarch. Here’s my easy, step-by-step recipe tutorial→ How To: Cook Crispy Tofu.
In an attempt to cut carbs, I made this “deconstructed” buffalo wrap. Call it a bowl, call it a salad, call it whatever you like–it’s filling and bursting with flavor!
Buffalo Tofu Bowl
1 box extra-firm tofu
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup buffalo sauce
Optional: Vegan ranch dressing, chopped tomato
1. Drain and press tofu. Then cut into cubes or squares.
2. Heat vegetable oil in skillet and coat tofu with cornstarch.
3. Place tofu in the skillet and pan-fry for about 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Flip each tofu piece over and cook for about another 5 minutes. When done, remove tofu and place on paper towels.
4. Place tofu in a medium-large bowl, add buffalo sauce and toss.
5. Quickly grab a handful of spinach and wilt using the same skillet.
6. To assemble, scoop cooked quinoa into a bowl. Top with buffalo tofu, wilted spinach, and roasted chickpeas.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!