I grew up having my mom’s banana bread for breakfast, snacks, and dessert. I loved warming up a slice and smearing butter or peanut butter all over it. There will always be a special place in my heart (and stomach) for my mom’s baking, but this banana bread recipe is simple, dairy-free, and egg-free.
Over time I’ve tried to veganize my mom’s banana bread, but something was always just a bit different. After adapting the banana bread recipe from Where You Get Your Protein, I’m finally content! More than content, I’m proud of this allergy-friendly loaf. Next time your bananas are going brown, try this delicious basic banana bread recipe!
Basic Banana Bread (Dairy-Free, Egg-Free)
Yields: 1 loaf
4 ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
Optional: dairy-free chocolate chips, chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease your bread pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, add mashed bananas, brown sugar, and coconut oil. Mix until combined.
4. Once incorporated, fold in the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Then gently fold in optional dairy-free chocolate chips and/or walnuts.
5. Pour batter into greased bread pan.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
The Urben Life is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com