This clean eating turkey chili is so hearty and comforting, you’ll be making this all autumn long into springtime!
Did I mention how well it pairs with homemade cornbread?! Yummm!
I like my chili on the thicker side. If yours takes awhile to thicken up, take your masher and mash some of the chili. This will cause the beans to release their natural starches.
Clean Eating Turkey Chili
1 pound ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 (15-ounce) can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (14.5-ounce) can of chili beans
1 (14.5-ounce) can of tomato sauce
1 (14.5-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
Toppings: jalapeno, green onion, dairy-free cheese, hot sauce
1. Cook ground turkey in a medium-large pot over medium heat.
2. When the meat is just about cooked through, mix in onion and bell pepper until slightly softened. Stir in seasoning until evenly distributed.
3. Add the three beans, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth. Stir well and bring to a boil.
4. Lower heat and cover for at least 30 minutes.
5. Once done, serve warm with desired toppings alongside cornbread.
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!