Thai Basil Chicken is a flavorful dinner with fresh herbs served over rice! This quick and easy dish utilizes your rice cooker and wok.
As you may know, our AeroGarden is growing like crazy–especially those basils! We’ve had to get creative with ways to use our new fresh herbs, and this recipe is going to be in the rotation for a while now.
It’s so quick and easy + you get to use your wok! Woohoo!!
Thai Basil Chicken
1 cup rice
3 to 4 tablespoons oil
3 shallots, thinly sliced
5 cloves garlic, sliced
1 pound ground chicken
2 teaspoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
⅓ cup chicken broth
1 bunch Thai basil leaves
1. Cook rice in rice cooker. When the timer begins counting down minutes until done, start preparing ingredients then cook.
2. In a wok over high heat add oil, shallots and garlic, fry for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add ground chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, breaking up the chicken into small bits.
4. Add honey, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Stir-fry for another minute then deglaze the wok with the broth.
5. Once the liquid has absorbed, add basil and stir-fry until wilted.
Serve over rice, drizzle Sriracha, and enjoy!
Like what you read? Click here to subscribe to my email list!
Slightly adapted from The Woks of Life.